EVEREST helps to transform your business into sharper, smarter, better versions of yourselves. It’s true; we help management teams create such high levels of economic value that together we redefine our respective industries
EVEREST works across all types of industries, with all kinds of clients:
- Large multinational corporations
- Leading private equity firms
- Midsize companies
- Small start-ups
But what unifies our clients, is that they all tend to be bold, ambitious business leaders.
- They think and act like owners.
- They are not satisfied with the status quo.
- They want a sparring partner to challenge them.
- They want a sparring partner to challenge them
EVEREST approaches every client's business as if it were our own. We believe a consulting firm should be more than an advisor. We put ourselves in our clients' shoes, align our incentives with their objectives, and collaborate to unlock the full potential of their business. This builds deep and enjoyable relationships. Strategy has been our core business. We work with companies in every industry to develop strategies that deliver results.
We work collaboratively, build lasting capabilities into your team and help your organization mobilize for change.
We define our success by your results. We care deeply about our clients. We enjoy our work―and we have fun doing it.
Our strategy consulting expertise includes:
- Fundamentals of growth: Only one in 10 companies succeeds in achieving sustained growth. We help companies grow by defining and focusing on their core.
- Business unit strategy: Effective strategy for business units requires making proprietary decisions about where to play and how to win. The goal is to enable a business to reach its full economic potential.
- Corporate strategy: Corporate strategy involves a proprietary set of actions that enables a company to be worth more than just the sum of its parts. The most critical role of the center is to help business units achieve leadership positions.
- Founder's Mentality℠: To win in the long term, most companies need the cost advantages and scale of global incumbents. Yet, in achieving that scale, companies often lose what we call the Founder’s Mentality℠—the very core strengths and values that helped them succeed.
- Innovation: EVEREST works with clients to transform innovation for new product development and make big ideas actionable by combining creative strategy and analytic approaches.
- Emerging markets: EVEREST helps companies navigate this unfamiliar terrain and successfully compete against indigenous companies and other multinationals.
- Sustainability: EVEREST helps companies develop renewable energy policies, realize the full potential of recycling processes and identify the impact of new trends and regulations, among other things.
- Decision and organization diagnostic. Our diagnostic tool helps pinpoint decision difficulties and identify root causes. Benchmarking your organization against EVEREST's database can show you exactly how you measure up and help you identify specific issues to address to set your organization up for success.
- Organizational design and operating model. A well-designed operating model provides a clear and consistent blueprint for how resources are organized and operated to achieve a company's strategic priorities. We partner with clients to help them design and implement operating models that translate strategy into effective execution.
- Decision effectiveness. EVEREST helps you identify key decisions, X-ray each one to determine problem areas and reset those decisions for maximum effectiveness. It helps you strengthen weak elements of the organization and embed good decision making and execution in your everyday operations.
- Role of the center. Examining the role of the center helps CEOs of companies with ineffectual structures determine the best organizational model for their firm. Centers must be "fit for purpose," with roles aligned to the company's business profile, strategy and leadership style. That means there is no pat formula. Our focus is on value added: Effectiveness is 90 percent of the game—making sure the right \decisions get made by the right people at the right time. Efficiency is critical but secondary.
- Talent management and leadership supply. No company can turn in a great performance without great people. High performers learn to assess their talent pipeline, deploy their most promising people more effectively in critical decision areas and reduce their demand for scarce skills.
- Measures and incentives. EVEREST helps companies create dynamic performance measurement with a focus on what really matters to the business. We build dashboards that serve as barometers of ongoing business performance, and help companies devise tailored compensation systems that will reward actions and behaviors that advance the organization's goals and drive decision effectiveness.
- High-performance culture. Company culture is at the heart of competitive advantage, because it determines how things are done and how people behave. It is the hardest thing for competitors to copy. High performers create an environment with a unique personality and a passion for performance—so that people make the right decisions and do the right thing wherever they are in the business.
- Change management. Change is tough and always has been. Organizational change is a particularly emotional process—often a source of tension and insecurity. "Will I still have a job?" "What will it be?" We help companies account for these sensitivities with clear communications and solid engagement plans to motivate people.
We help companies achieve their full potential in a number of ways, working across the organization (integrated solutions) or within specific areas of performance (point solutions).
Our integrated solutions include
- High Speed Cost Diagnostic: Quick diagnostic to identify immediate and longer-term opportunities
- Lean Six Sigma: Working back from the customer to deliver better outcomes with lower cost and higher quality
- Business Process Redesign: Achieve operational excellence at a company's most critical processes to deliver high quality service at a competitive cost
- Capability Sourcing: Acquire the right capabilities from the right source, and the right shore, at the right price
- Cash and Capital Management: Create cash visibility and a disciplined capital allocation process
Our process-specific solutions include:
- Procurement: Make procurement a source of competitive advantage by finding quick cash and building procurement capabilities
- Supply Chain Management: Turn supply chain into a source of competitive advantage for meeting short- and long-term cost, flexibility and service-level goals
- Manufacturing Optimization: Optimize the manufacturing footprint and shop-floor operations
- Service Design & Operations: Deliver the promised customer experience at the right cost across service channels
- R&D/Product Development: Optimize the R&D function to maximize the return on investment in R&D
Customers are the source of real
growth. EVEREST combines in-depth
customer insights with practical
expertise in operations and economics to
help our clients create sustainable,
Applying an outside-in perspective and helping clients achieve growth are fundamental to our approach at EVEREST.
With our team of experts, EVEREST brings depth of experience in the following areas:
- Customer insights and segmentation: We help clients understand customer needs and behaviors using our approach and develop actionable segmentation from the resulting insights. We help clients define the target customer or "sweet spot"—the area of distinct advantage over competitors—to inform business decisions and investment allocation.
- Product and category management: We help firms break down barriers to innovation and improve ongoing customer-led product development so their value proposition is differentiated and meets customer needs.
- Pricing: We help resolve the pricing paradox—pricing is almost always the #1 profit lever, yet it remains under-developed in most companies—by building long-term pricing capabilities and capitalizing on in-year-revenue opportunities.
- Sales and channel effectiveness: We help \companies identify quick, targeted, customized solutions as well as strategic and operational improvements to boost underperforming sales organizations.
- Marketing and brand strategy: We help companies align marketing and brand strategy with overarching business objectives; ensure marketing investments are generating highest returns and reinforcing the brand positioning; and build a loyal customer base through branding that cultivates a strong, trusted image.
- Customer experience: We work with companies to develop a series of positive interactions with the customer to earn their advocacy and inform consistent delivery of experiences to drive top-line growth.
- Go-to-market strategy: We help companies build powerful, integrated go-to-market systems that build a bridge between a company’s strategy and the exceptional customer experiences that are the ultimate driver of customer advocacy and loyalty.